Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2020

I have a dream... 🤔💭


Konnichiwa!
We are about to start our learning on speeches in Rimu.
When I found out, I was so excited!
It's kind of sad though because Zahrah and Olivia both apparently HATE speeches!
Before we get into all the creating and deep learning, we had a task to do to train our brain. In order to set up our mindset for speeches, we used the six tools in the mental toughness toolkit to create a motivational drawing of ourselves.
We used google drawings to make these.
MY dream for how it will all go: I want to be confident and I want to speak loudly. I know it's a lot to ask but I hope that maybe just maybe I can make a change.
My DLO is below!


While I was designing this google drawing I thought about me on a stage and how people would be watching me but I would still be happy and calm.
I have to admit though, the hardest part will be staying calm during the presentation.
The easiest part during this will be writing a first draft; it's always easy and fun!
I chose these tips for myself because I want to be calm and loud and confident. I know it will be hard but I'll try my best.


Stage background LINK!

Have you wrote a speech before?
What was it about?
What did you write it about and why?

If you are writing a comment on this blog, you could choose to use these cool sentence starters:

INTRO: Hello my name is... and I'm from... school.
POSITIVE: I liked the way you...
THOUGHTFUL: This reminded me of...
HELPFUL: To improve, you could...
SIGN OFF: Cya later Or Bye, keep it up!


Cat Whatever GIF

Cya later, have a nice day!

🦊

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia Im Olivia from Rawhiti School.
    I like how you added pictures to your work.
    It reminds me of gacha life on my phone.
    Maybe you could add more about what happened next time.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Olivia, I'm Amelia.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Maybe next time you could ask me a question.
      I have Gacha Life as well!

      Thanks again for commenting!

      Cya later Olivia, have a nice day.

      -Amelia

      Delete
  2. Hi Amelia!
    Kyah here from Greymain school
    Wow I love this!
    Is this something similar to gachalife? I have it and when I saw it I thought it was a edited gachalife thing.
    Was this fun to do?
    I have wrote a speech before at school I always get so nervous when I do it!
    Some of the speeches i've done have been about my 2 cats my dog my nanas dog my nanas goat I have also done one about a tornado. In our school we start doing speeches when we are 7.
    Keep up the good work Amelia!
    -Kyah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Amelia my name is Angelina. I am a year 8 student at Grey Main School in Totara 3.

    I really like this post because you explained why you did it and had an interesting picture so I can imagine what it like.

    The only thing I can think of that you could work on was maybe making the writing a little bit bigger, but AMAZING POST!!!

    And yes I have done a speech before many times. Every year in class we have to do a speech, but I like doing speech's that I even do speech board. Speech board is where we do a speech in front of an examiner. We also say a poem and read a piece of a book. Does your school do this?

    Goodbye for now - Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya I'm Billie from Grey Main School.
    I like you blog post. I also really like your breathing techniques!
    Maybe next time you could add more colour.
    Yours Truly,
    Billie.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?