Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

One Small Step For Man! Week 1, Day 2, Activity 2


Kia ora everyone!
It's me, Amelia and I'm back yet again for the next activity in the summer learning journey.
You might be wondering, what is the summer learning journey, well you are about to find out!
Well first let me explain something called 'the summer slide'.
So in the holidays, we chill out a lot and get relief that school is finished, but we don't really do much learning at home.
Our learning skills go down and once we are back at school we are stuck with a lot of things and have to catch up.
So the summer learning journey prevents that from happening!
What's better?
You can win prizes that are sometimes worth hundreds of dollars, so it's all completely worth it.
So thats what it is!
What I have to do right now is make a poem of how Neil Armstrong felt when he stepped on the moon.
It didn't say what kind of poem so I did an acrostic poem, I'd say I'm pretty good at them.
Anyways, here it is.



Bye everyone!
Have a great day and keep on blogging and commenting!

🦊

5 comments:

  1. Hey Amelia, its me Parwin! I see you are also doing the SLJ! Challenge is on!

    I love the why you have included lots of information not only about what you are doing but also about the Summer Learning Journey as well. I like the cool background and your poem was cool as well!

    This reminds me of when I did an acrostic poem and the one I remember writing was like a long time ago and I did it using my name but you did it using Neil who was the first man on the moon!

    Maybe next time, to make it really interesting, you could add some info about Neil himself to make it really interesting because some people might not know who he is.

    Awesome job!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia,

    Well done on another fantastic Summer Learning Journey post. Keep up the awesome work.

    What a great acrostic poem you have created. I like that you have made it as a poster as it makes it really stand out and relates to your poem. What did you use to create your poster? Wouldn't it be amazing to go to the moon and a little scary maybe. How do you think you'd feel if you went to the moon?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma!

      I used google drawings to make the poster.
      If I went to the moon I would probably be panicking in the spaceship so I don't think thats for me.

      Cya Emma, have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Hi Amelia, Its Abby... again. I love that you made a scenery to go with the poem.

    I like the style of poem you went with because even though it's just four words it can make a impact.

    For this activity I chose a haiku because it was the only kind of poem I could remember.

    Next time you could put someone on the moon, just for a idea that Neil is someone that went on the moon.

    What does laudable mean?

    Kind regards,
    Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Amelia,
    Its me Alan.

    Outstanding job Amelia.I really liked the photo you made.

    If you want to improve maybe you can take a video of the song.
    Awesome work!
    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Kind regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?