Pages

Monday, December 16, 2019

Setting Sail, Week 1, Activity 1, Day 1!


Kia Ora!
Its me, Amelia and guess what, I'm back for the summer learning journey, or SLJ for short.
What is the summer learning journey?
Well first let me explain something called 'the summer slide'.
So in the holidays, we chill out a lot and get relief that school is finished, but we don't really do much learning at home.
Our learning skills go down and once we are back at school we are stuck with a lot of things and have to catch up.
So the summer learning journey prevents that from happening!
Whats better?
You can win prizes that are sometimes worth hundreds of dollars, so it's all completely worth it.
Alright, now time for me to present my first activity of week one, day one.
So we have to pretend we are going to go on a boat ride or voyage or something to maybe... I don't know... Japan?
But of course you have to bring things like, let's say blankets, jerseys, and you will probably need food.
But what kind of food should I bring?
Well, I came up with an entire list of food you could bring, so if you are going on a voyage or boat trip this might give you some ideas!
Okay here is the list!


Bye!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, by the way have a great day.

🦊

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    Well done on completing your first Summer Learning Journey blog post. You have done it to a really high standard, keep up the great work!

    Well done on explaining what the Summer Learning Journey is and why we do it. It's a great way to support others to join the programme so thank you.

    I can see you have thought hard about what you would take and things that don't need to go in the fridge. What kind of energy balls would you take? Do you make them yourself or are they from the shop? I have made some before and they were super easy to make and delicious.

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma!

      Thanks for commenting.

      I'm not sure what kind, maybe oatmeal ones, and I think I might try making them, I've never tried it before!

      Thanks so much for commenting!

      Bye Emma!

      Delete
  2. Hi Amelia, Its Abby from School. I love your animation and how you drew each individual food item.

    I really like how you showed off your work and gave a good explanation every time. I know that my one wasn't as good.

    You seem all ready to go on a long boat ride but you forgot something. WATER!! I know that that doesn't really count as food and you will be surrounded with it. But salt water doesn't really help your thirst.

    Next time you could think of a different option that will last longer instead of sandwiches. You could also say how much you might have to take.

    Whats your favourite food to have on long trips?

    Kind regards,
    Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amelia,
    Its me Alan.

    Outstanding job Amelia.I really liked the presentation you made.

    This reminds when I did mine except that I did not do it in a presentation.

    If you want to improve maybe you can make the blog post longer.
    Awesome work!
    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Kind regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?