Pages

Monday, December 16, 2019

BONUS ACTIVITY! Day 1, Week 1


Kia ora everyone!
It's me, Amelia and I'm back again, this time for the bonus activity in the summer learning journey.
You might be wondering, what is the summer learning journey, well you are about to find out!
Well first let me explain something called 'the summer slide'.
So in the holidays, we chill out a lot and get relief that school is finished, but we don't really do much learning at home.
Our learning skills go down and once we are back at school we are stuck with a lot of things and have to catch up.
So the summer learning journey prevents that from happening!
What's better?
You can win prizes that are sometimes worth hundreds of dollars, so it's all completely worth it.
So thats what it is!
Now you might be wondering, what is this bonus activity about?
Well, I have to talk about a charity.
Sadly it can't be anyone you want, but happily there is one thing on the list that I like.
Here is the list of charities we can choose from:

Auckland City Mission,
Air Rescue,
OXFAM,
and the SPCA!

Of course I picked the SPCA.
Now, you probably don't know what the SPCA is but they are literally my heroes.
They are an animal shelter and they even have a vet in their centre.
There have been so many sad animal stories but the SPCA has made every one of them have a happy ending like a fairy tale.
Without them, hundreds, if not thousands of animals could still be shivering on the streets or even dead.
If you want to save a life go to their centre, and here is their website: SPCA.

Bye!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, have a good day!

🦊

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Amelia,

    You are doing a great job on your Summer Learning Journey activities so far, keep it up.

    That SPCA is such an amazing organisation and it's wonderful what they do to help and care for all the animals that need it. We have a cat called Callah that we adopted from a cat rescue organisation. He is so funny and I am so happy were able to save him.
    Do you have any pets at home? If you could have any pet, what would it be?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma!

      Thanks for commenting.

      I do have a lot of pets at home and two of them are from the SPCA.
      I have 7 pets in total which is a lot compared to most people. I have 1 cat, 4 rabbits, and 2 birds.
      One of my rabbits, called Celia is from the SPCA, and my cat, called Midnight was also from the SPCA.
      I really admire what they do and I even set up another blog to try and help them get animals adopted. https://ameliaswildside.blogspot.com/

      Thanks again Emma!
      Have a good day.
      Cya later!

      Delete
    2. Oh, forgot to add, if I could have any pet, it would most likely be a horse!

      Delete
  2. Morena Amelia,

    Wow, you do have a lot of animals at home. You must be really responsible to help to care for that many animals. It's wonderful that you were able to adopt some of your animals from the SPCA.
    Your animal blog is amazing! That is such a thoughtful and special thing to dedicate your time to. Do you mind if I share it on the SLJ blog? I'd love for others to see it.

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amelia, Its Abby again. I love that you were descriptive about what they do.

    I like that you added emotions into it to make it more interesting from the readers point of view.

    This reminds me of one of my cats that lives at my dads and we rescued her from the SPCA she isn't the friendliest cat though.

    Next time you could include something to make your work eye catching and more interesting.

    If you could choose to either donate to the SPCA or a hospital what would you choose?

    Kind regards,
    Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Amelia,
    Its me Alan.

    Outstanding job Amelia.

    This reminds me of when I did this but I took a photo of the SPCA's website

    If you want to improve maybe you can put a photo of the SPCA's website just like I did.
    Awesome work!
    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Kind regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?