Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Flying Solo! Week 1, Day 2, Activity 1


Kia ora everyone!
It's me Amelia, and I'm back once again for another activity in the summer learning journey.
You might be wondering, what is the summer learning journey, well you are about to find out!
Well first let me explain something called 'the summer slide'.
So in the holidays, we chill out a lot and get relief that school is finished, but we don't really do much learning at home.
Our learning skills go down and once we are back at school we are stuck with a lot of things and have to catch up.
So the summer learning journey prevents that from happening!
What's better?
You can win prizes that are sometimes worth hundreds of dollars, so it's all completely worth it.
So thats what it is!
Now today I'm doing an activity about two aviators, Amelia Earhart and Jean Batten.
So for the activity, I need to compare them and I can use a venn diagram, so thats what I've done.
Here is the venn diagram I made.



Alright, Bye everyone see you very soon!
Have a nice day and keep on blogging!

🦊

5 comments:

  1. Hello Amelia, its me Parwin! I see you are also doing the SLJ, the challenge is on!

    I really liked your Venn Diagram that you have made because it is easy to read and you have also included photo's as well. I also like the fact that you have also included a lot of info as well!


    This reminds me of when I did this activity, except I didn't do a Venn Diagram because I'm pretty sure that was like just an inspiration or a way that you could present it.

    I think that you did an awesome job! I can't really think of something for you to improve on but if you have anything in mind that would make your blog post even better then go for it!

    Awesome work!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Parwin!

      Thanks for commenting and I will try to improve in my own way since you don't know. I'm trying to get as much done this week because soon I'll be a lot more busy with christmas and holiday programs.

      Thanks again Parwin!

      Bye, keep it up!

      Delete
  2. Hola Amelia,

    Well done on another well presented Summer Learning Journey blog post. I can see you are putting a lot of time and effort into the presentation and it is wonderful.

    Wouldn't have been amazing being one of the first aviators in the world and probably pretty scary too as I don't think planes would have been anywhere near as safe as they are now. It's sad that Amelia went missing and they never found her however it's great she remembered for all the incredible things she achieved.
    If you could fly anywhere in the world, where would you go?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Amelia, Its Abby here. WOW! I love that you included pictures of them and the links of where you got them.

    I like the way you took a template and made it into your own creation and idea.

    This reminds me of when I did this activity yesterday. I had some of the same facts but didn't have as much description as you.

    Next time you could put in your own opinion so us readers know what you think about these people.

    Do you think you could achieve these things?

    Kind regards,
    Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Amelia,
    Its me Alan.

    Outstanding job Amelia.I really liked the photo you made.

    If you want to improve maybe you can put a colourful background.
    Awesome work!
    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Kind regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?