Pages

Monday, December 14, 2020

Your Comments Count ๐Ÿ’ฌ - SLJ #1

 Hello everyone!
Today I'm making this post for the Summer Learning Journey, or SLJ.
As you know, after every term there is a set of holidays.
In this time off school we chill at home, maybe we go on holiday somewhere or play video games.
After the holidays are over, we do our tests and we are behind so much!
Last time maybe someone got a 3P for maths and now they've gone down to a 2A or 3B.
The Summer Learning Journey was created to help students maintain their skills. 

So today I have decided to do the first activity.
Here are the steps for this activity:

1. Comment on someone else's blog
2. Take a screenshot of the comment
3. Put the comment onto your blog
4. Write why you think your comment was good

Here is my comment:

I think my comment is good because I made it Positive, Thoughtful and Helpful.
I also added questions to start conversations.

To improve my comment I could've added words like because to make it more detailed.
I will try to do this next time.

Do you make your comments Positive, Thoughtful and Helpful?

Cya later, have a nice day!

๐ŸฆŠ

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia! As you know my name is Mia, I am also participating in the Summer Learning Journey this year. Awesome commenting! I really liked the way that you also added in some feedback for yourself so you can improve and get better at commenting.

    Yes! I always try to make my comments Positive, Thoughtful and Helpful. As you can see a great example by reading this comment. I enjoy commenting a lot, it makes me have a connection to people and helps for me to develop good skills in writing. Why do you enjoy commenting?

    Your blog is amazing, it's hard to think of what to improve, maybe you could add the comment on a google drawing and make it more colorful and eye catching. I did this on my blog for the same activity.

    Fabulous work!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Amelia,

    My name is Shannon, and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey.

    You’ve done a fantastic job on your comment! It’s definitely positive, thoughtful, and helpful. I like that not only did you comment on Riley’s colour choice, but you related to it by talking about roses in your garden! I also like that you made a positive suggestion to help improve the post.

    In regards to your explanation of why your comment was good, I really like that you explained what you did well and where you think you could improve. I agree, but nonetheless think you have a great comment here!

    Good job on starting the Summer Learning Journey, I look forward to seeing all your future blog posts! What activities are you most excited for?

    Ka kite anล,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?