Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Te Wiki O Te Reo Maori

 Kia Ora!
Today I'm going to be talking about some of the things my class has been doing for Te Reo Maori week.

Firstly, I'm going to be talking about the Maori Language Moment.
This is an awesome thing that Rimu took part in this week.
On Tuesday at 12pm we went to kapa haka and we recorded ourselves singing the waiata "Rona".
Why is this?


Because we signed up to help try to break the world record for millions of people doing something in an endangered, indigenous language.
I don't know if we broke the world record or not, but it was fun anyways!



Here is the link to the Maori Moment website.
https://www.reomaori.co.nz/

Something else that our class tried out is using a cool website to make a pepeha.
It looks really cool and here is mine.


If you want to make an awesome pepeha like I did, here is the link!

Overall, Te Wiki O Te Reo Maori (Maori Language Week) was really fun and I learnt a lot!
I don't really care if we broke the world record or not because the most important thing is that it was enjoyable.

What did you do for Maori Language Week?
Did you participate in the Maori Language Moment?

Cya later, have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?